View Cart  Checkout

  • Sign Contracts Online

    Create and sign documents online

  • ITAR Compliance

    Compliance resources for DDTC controlled exports.

  • Free Link Tracking

    Charts. Graphs. Tracking. Free.
    No sign-up, no fees. Try it now!

Trade Notices

Documents Needed by US Citizens for Travel Abroad

For travel within the Western Hemisphere, (Canada, Mexico, Caribbean, Central and South America)

  • Valid US Passport or
  • Certified copy of their birth certificate or record of baptism accompanied by a picture ID – Driver’s license, State ID card, or Military ID.

For travel outside the Western Hemisphere

  • A US Passport is required.
  • Other documents that may serve as proof of citizenship include a state or government issued record or birth or baptism.


  • Certificates issued by hospitals are not acceptable as proof of citizenship.
  • Laminated birth certificates are not acceptable as the raised seal used to identify authenticity is indistinguishable.

Comments are closed.