View Cart  Checkout

  • Sign Contracts Online

    Create and sign documents online

  • ITAR Compliance

    Compliance resources for DDTC controlled exports.

  • Free Link Tracking

    Charts. Graphs. Tracking. Free.
    No sign-up, no fees. Try it now!


State Department Questions

  • Can country A re-transfer to country B a defense article obtained from an U.S. company or person?

    Yes, provided country A obtains in advance the written approval of the U.S. Department of State.

  • What is a Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA)?

    A TAA is an agreement between an U.S. entity and a foreign person (government, industry, or individual) for the performance of a defense service or disclosure of technical data, including assistance and data relating to the assembly of defense articles.

  • What is a Manufacturing License Agreement (MLA)?

    A MLA is an agreement granting a foreign person authorization to manufacture defense articles abroad, and which involves the export of manufacturing know-how and other technical data, defense articles, and/or performance of a defense service.

  • Which countries does the U.S. Government maintain an arms embargo?

    The list of countries does change, therefore you should check with ODTC to verify that a particular country has an arms embargo. The current embargoed countries include Afghanistan, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Burma, Belarus, China, Cuba, Cyprus, Haiti, India, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, Libya, North Korea, Pakistan, Rwanda, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Vietnam, Yemen, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (Serbia and Montenegro), and Zaire.

  • A foreign embassy (a foreign person according to ITAR 120.16) in Washington D.C., applies for and receives a DSP-5 license to export five U.S.M.L. items to that countrys national police. Is the U.S. supplier required to obtain a DSP-5 license to transfer the devices to that embassy?

    No. Since an approved export license (obtained by the foreign embassy) for export of the defense article to the country already exists, it is not necessary to obtain a license. Prior to initiating supply action, however, it should be a policy to verify that the export license, limitations, and provisos has been obtained.

  • Comments are closed.